Wednesday, April 05, 2006


First Test Ride... VERY successful. Yippee! She rides superbly; stable, easy to start, stops fine. Very easy to accelerate. Handlers can let go at walking pace & the bike is easy to balance & accelerate. I hope that once I've had a bit more practise, I'll be able to accelerate from a standing start under my own steam, which will enable solo training. First gear (77") was great for starting, but pretty quickly needed changing.
There was one disappointment... I definitely don't fit under the lid... it's about 70mm from fitting. This will require a big re-working of the frame, at some point. We'll wait & see if other smaller riders fit in or not. You can see in the photo my shoulders are well outside the fairing.
This will probably require, in the short term, a top to be cut in 2 pieces. The front section will be secured permanently, and I will ride without the rear top section, and those that can, will ride beneath it!
The ride was completed at Chelsea Velodrome, which is a fab 500 outdoor track, some 30km from the city.

No comments: